New Criminal Record Check (CRC)
BCSA Rule 22 - Risk Management, requires every volunteer or employee of the Association or affiliated organization who at any time could be expected in the performance of their duties to:
- be with any minor aged person;
- be entrusted with performing financial duties;
- be responsible for book keeping or bank accounts(s); must have on file the
results of a Criminal Record Check completed within the previous 12 months from an agency approved by the Association.
The Vancouver District requests that you complete the Criminal Record Check (CRC) through an online service called "myBackcheck". The cost is $25+taxes to have this check completed and must be paid by either a MasterCharge or a VISA card. Once completed, this CRC will be valid for a period of up to three years. The process does involve a few steps, but has a much quicker turn around delivering completed results to both the individual and the sponsoring organization within a 24-hour period once personal identification has been verified and scanned.
The steps are as follows:
Below is a link that will walk you through the application process. It is only a few minutes long and can be stopped and started if you'd like to follow along in real time on your end. myBackcheck Walk Through
- Click on this link or copy and paste into your browser address window:
- Then Register Here, etc.
- After you fill out the paperwork and download the verification document, print it.
- Take it to your local post office and the clerk will scan your ID (you need two - one with a photo) and send that with your document and that's it.
- You will receive a notification email about 24 hours later (except over a weekend).
- Just follow the instructions to share this notification with BCSA and VYSA. The only person at VYSA who sees these results is the VYSA Board Director of Risk Management.
For further information please contact Susan Dhillon, the VYSA Risk Management Director
It is reccomended that you have completed this process at least a week before you would want to be assigned a game. Remember, the Referee Scheduller will receive a list of referees who have completed the CRC process and will use that list to assign games.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 18:36